1. Go to one of your GPS mapped soil sampling sites in a pasture field (or create a new sample site while you’re out in the field).
2. Look around, and find a pile of dung close to your sample site.
3. Score the dung on a scale of 1 – 5: with 1 being completely liquid, and 5 being completely solid and dried out
4. Enter the result in the Soilmentor app at the relevant sample site under ‘Dung beetle habitat quality’.
5. Repeat this test for each mapped sample site in your field (we recommend 3 sample sites per field).